The Directorate of Public Affairs is made up of a Division and the following units namely: the Coordinating Unit, The Protocol and Passages, Information Publication and Documentation and Events Planning and Management Units respectively.
This unit is responsible in ensuring effective administrative duties
The functions of the Protocol and Passages unit are:
- Staff travelling arrangements.
- Reservation of accommodation and general welfare of guest.
- Proper management of the University functions.
- Airport Reception
The Division is charged with the responsibility of gathering and dissemination of information to members of the university community and beyond as well as carrying out some administrative functions.
- Publication of the weekly University Bulletin
- Publication of the University monthly Magazine, BUK TODAY.
- Serve as secretariat of Congregession.
- Serving University Administrative.
- Other Publications are Calendar of Events, general Staff List, official circular, Prospectus, Order of Proceedings, Calendar, keeping vital records and electronic records, keeping a Library holding of all University Publications like Books journals and sourcing of ISSN and ISBN numbers from the National Library Abuja and allocating them to various departments and centers that have Publications
- Bulletin and Magazine distributions within and outside the University.
The Unit executes and monitors every element of an event on time, on budget and on schedule from conception through to completion. The functions of the Events Unit varies depending on the type of events involved, the activities include, but may not be limited to:
- Liaising to ascertain the precise Event requirement.
- Producing detailed proposal for Events (e.g. timelines, Venues, suppliers, Staffing and budget).
- Agreeing to and managing the budget.
- Coordinating venue management, caterers and equipment hire.
- Identifying and securing Speakers or special Guests.
- Supervise and coordinate with Event contractors.
- Overseeing and clearing the Venue efficiently afterwards.
- Post Event Evaluation.
- Other duties as directed and required.